Friday, July 16, 2010

We found out what we are having!

When Carl and I first found out that I was pregnant, he swore he did not want to find out what we were having. I swore up and down that I was going to find out regardless of what he wanted. Either he was just aggravating me, or he changed his mind, because recently he has been as anxious as me to get that ultrasound that would tell us if I was cooking a hamburger or hot dog.

In the first month or two, I looked online at all sorts of wive's tales for different ways to predict what you were going to have. The first I looked at was the Chinese Birth Calendar. According to the Birth Calendar, you can predict your babies gender by your age you will be when you give birth and what month the baby was conceived. Well, for me the age is 28 and the month conceived was February, so according to the chart, I should have a boy.

Carl's sisters kept telling me about another gender prediction method involving a string and a needle or ring. When I went to Illinois last month with Carl, Cynthia found some string and tied my wedding band to it and held it over my wrist. After it started to swing, she exclaimed "It's a boy!" She swore that it worked predicting all 4 of her kid's sex and she just KNEW I was having a boy.

Well, yesterday we begged for our 2nd ultrasound since the first one was too soon to tell the sex of the baby. The ultrasound lady said "It's definitely a boy, or else a girl with something rather large between her legs". I was super excited! We have had a boy's name picked out since the first day, and have gone back and forth over girl's name for months. No more arguing about it! We have a name. Carl was set on having twins, one of each, but since that didn't happen (Whew! Thank goodness!) I think he is happy that we have a boy and now he wants a girl. He wanted the boy to be older to look out for his little sister. I want to see how the rest of this pregnancy goes and how we deal with this huge change in our lives before I even think about doing this again!

Here are the ultrasound pictures of our little Spencer Mason Lindley:

Yesterday I was 21 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and Spencer weighs 15 oz now and should be 1 lb within the next couple days. My due date is November 22nd. The heartbeat was 136. The doctor and ultrasound person said that everything is looking great with baby! Now, if I can just get my blood sugar under control!!! It is soooo much harder now that I am pregnant!






No comments:

Post a Comment