Thursday, June 17, 2010

Drastic Changes

My life has changed so much in the past 3 months, it makes my head spin. I went from being a girlfriend to being a wife. I went from living with my parents to moving into a house with my husband. I went from very few bills to very many bills. The biggest change, perhaps, was learning that my husband and I will be parents in November. It is still something we haven't fully grasped...every few days it just hits us. "We are going to have a baby", he will email me.

We had our first prenatal visit with our new doctor last week. The hubby insists on going to every appointment with me, and I am very thankful for that! It is reassuring to have him there and I am glad he wants to be a part of everything for our child. He gets so excited about things, I love it. Anyways, at our first visit, I had blood work done, we filled out TONS of forms and answered questions about family medical history, blah blah blah. And, we got our first ultrasound. We don't know what we are having yet. Oh, Carl saw the foot kick on the screen during the ultrasound and he loved that. I had a hard time telling what anything was on the screen...and a few minutes after the ultrasound lady pointed something out, I saw it. It took 5 minutes staring at the printout we got for me to see anything. Carl had to point out the outline of the head and I finally saw it. They eyes, the nose, the mouth. Our baby.



We go back to the doctor in 2 weeks. My fingers are crossed that we find out what we are having then!! Updates to come then!

No comments:

Post a Comment